Breaking News

Indian Woman That Hasn't Eaten For 16years To Break Fast Tonight


Irom Chanu Sharmila otherwise known as Iron lady of Manipur or Menguobi today Tuesday, 9th August,2016 ended her sixteen (16) years long strike with honey.

The human rights activist  began the fast on November 2 2000 three days after an Assam Rifles battalion allegedly killed ten (10) civilians in a village near Imphal.

She had announced earlier that she would break her fast and will join politics saying “I want to join politics as I’ve been called the Iron lady of Manipur  and I want to live up to that name. I want to be chief minister of Manipur and I want my people to believe in me.” According to her brother, she’ll begin campaigning as an independent candidate in an election due to take place next year in Manipur a state in India.

After breaking her five thousand seven hundred and fifty seven (5757) days fast, Shamila said ‘I will never forget this moment.”

The forty four (44) year old woman has been held in judicial custody on charges of attempting suicide and was being force-fed through a nasal tube to keep her alive at a prison turned hospital in Imphal.

However, she has been released and will end her hunger strike today.

No comments

AT 3GIST, WE LOVE COMMENTS!