Breaking News

The Controversial spoken words poem about EXAMINATION that Got So many lecturers mad.

This poem was compose by M.O.L who is a spoken word artist and a member of the purpose driven poets PDP. Read to the end and you would know why it got lecturers angry. It is titled "why I hate examinations"

Why should my life be graded by exam grades
When I'm embedded with lots of Grace
Why should I continue in this rat race
When it's likely to end in vain
Why should my life be sterotyped
When it's likely never gonna give the needed hype
Why must I live my life in a triangle
When the challenges of life I still won't be able to handle
Here I am
Preparing for exam
Feeling so damn
Cause of a definition I can't cram
And this has got me thinking
And I can't but ask myself
The purpose of the stress
When at the end I still won't have rest
It's not like after the exams
I will remember any of the things  i'v crammed
On which I will be graded
And for which my life will be judged
Why do I have to go through the stress of sleepless nights
Having to charge every lamp
Just because I need the bright light
Garri ijebu,a bucket of water
A table and a chair
All connected by a reader
Or better still a crammer
Struggling to cheat nature
Just to be cheated by someone giving lectures
Yet not certain of a bright future
If Abraham became the father of all nations
Known by all creation
Without taking any of these examinations
And a professor is just the father of his children
Known only by his kindred
With all his examinations
Why should I with great dreams
Who wants to be known even by babies
Go to this extreme
Of writing exams
When my role model never wrote one
After all,its not like after the stress
My life will be stress free
I will still have a lot of challenges to face
With bridge to cross
From which I will have to choose
I either face them or remain faceless
Aren't they part of life's facet
Which I was told is in phases
These challenges I believe
Are the greatest examinations I need
So why can't this system leave me alone
And not burden me with definitions I don't know
Which won't even help me in life
But rather be a kind of barrier in life
Cause it will be used as a criteria
For measuring my intellectual stamina
When in the actual sense
I'm just living a life of pretence
With so many crammed definitions with their references
Just for others to believe I'm full of intelligence
Which will really take me nowhere in life
For it hasn't prepared me for challenges of life
It has just added to my challenges in life!
This is why I hate examinations.
# But I've got to pass this!
🙈🙈
#M.O.L
#PurposeDrivenPoet
Wishing all Arbicans (students of Adeyemi College of education Ondo state) best of luck in this in going Examination.

No comments

AT 3GIST, WE LOVE COMMENTS!