Breaking News

Baby bumps are irritating –Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie


Despite the fact that pregnant women now flaunt their baby bumps online especially on social media and nobody seems to have a problem with it, award-winning writer and a new mum Chimamanda Ngozi-Adichie, has said that pregnancy is suppose to be a sacred and  protected stage of a woman's life. According to her It is not to be exposed to the public.
According to her, this is the reason why she didn't make her pregnancy and delivery public.
In a recent interview with UK’s Channel 4 News, where raised points about racism in America and the UK, among other issues, Chimamanda said, “I wanted my pregnancy to be something I shared with the people I love, with the people who know me. There is a kind of pregnancy as a trendy thing that I find very uncomfortable with and I deeply dislike expressions like ‘baby bump’. .
.
“I find it very irritating. It was a very deeply introspective time, thinking about (how) my life is going to change forever and the enormousness of bringing a baby into the world. It was a sacred time for me and I wanted to share it with the people I love.”
Do you think display of baby bump is irritating?

No comments

AT 3GIST, WE LOVE COMMENTS!