Breaking News

Tiwa Savage talks about how TeeBillz made her the biggest female in Africa.

In a recent development, Tiwa Savage new international management deal has further been consolidated as the artiste’s profile has been uploaded on Jay Z’s Roc Nation official website. Her profile has can be spotted on the list like those of American A-list artistes like Shakira, Rihanna, Big Sean, DJ Khaled, DJ Mustard.

In an excerpt from Tiwa Savage fully acknowledged how much her estranged husband Tunji Balogun “TeeBillz” inspired and pushed her out of her comfort zone to become Africa’s biggest female music act.

According to her profile she recounted how TeeBillz a former A&R for Interscope Records made her dump her song writing contract with Sony/ATV and move back to Nigeria to begin a solo music career.

“I met Tunji and he told me about the growing Afrobeats scene back home in Nigeria. He thought I was wasting my talents being a songwriter & a backing singer and pushed me to move back to Africa. At first I thought it was a bit of a step backwards but he was adamant that this was my future. He knew it was what would set me apart from the rest.”

The singer who is currently on a US Tour mentioned having studio sessions with Frank Ocean, James Fauntleroy and Babyface. She has also written songs for Kat Deluna, Monica and Mya and doing back up vocals for Whitney Houston on her hit song “I Look To You”.

Tiwa Savage also reiterated despite being a mother is will not slow down any bit in her music career.

“I have this renewed strength that having a baby does to a woman; you’re in a different space in your life. I want to do things bigger, better, stronger and bolder going forward. I want to encourage other women to go against the grain because – especially in our culture – it seems once you have a child you have to slow down and I believe the opposite. You have to go even harder than ever before.”

Source : jaguda.com
 

No comments

AT 3GIST, WE LOVE COMMENTS!